Tuesday, October 15, 2013







































it is early and still cool. yellow sunlight has begun to stream through our slated glass windows and trenton slips out of bed as i sleepily pull my knees closer to my chest. moments later, he leans into my face and kisses my ear as he whispers, "i'm going now, i love you." surfboard under his arm, he disappears into the quietness of dawn and i bury a smile into my pillow.

an hour or two passes before the apartment is bright and i open the door to let new air in. the bed is made, the sink is empty and i settle into the couch with a cup of peppermint tea and my laptop, ankles crossed beneath me. “i’ve begun to feel at home,” the thought comes warmly to my mind. i bring my nose to the rim of my mug and breathe in.

2 comments:

  1. you are so talented. i can't get over it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so beautiful, that it makes my heart ache. i can't wait for that feeling at home to come for me, as i'm in the moving process.

    ReplyDelete