Monday, July 16, 2012







































"A man in the village told us that it is a part of their culture to be happy. I want to stay here forever." -journal entry July 18th, 2006

My first experience with film occurred six years ago this month as I backpacked across Botswana and Zambia with my closest friend Tim and 13 other students from my high school. As a naive, careless and somewhat accident prone 15-year old, I was forbidden to take our family's digital camera (new technology at the time) and instead got sent across the world with 10 rolls of film and a bulky black bag with a bulky black camera inside it. Despite the countless times I complained about hauling the heavy pack around, or about not being able to spend the night reviewing the day's pictures with my teammates, I now cherish the candid photos I collected during my summer in Africa. Take me back!

3 comments: