Saturday, July 7, 2012



I haven't said much about this important thing. On June 23rd, my younger sister Catherine said "I do" and married the Texan cowboy that snatched up her heart in Hawaii. The day, despite the merciless hundred degree weather, was a fantastic blur of snapping cameras, clicking heels, kisses and thick love that seemed to settle on the heads and shoulders of everyone there. I took full advantage of the dance floor as well as the all-you-can-eat coconut pineapple shaved ice, leaving just enough time to catch the bouquet and send the two lovebirds off into their horse-drawn carriage. As cliche as it may sound, (am I quoting Pride and Prejudice?), I could not surrender Catherine to anyone less worthy than David. He is most certainly her match, her own surfboard-riding, cow-roping Prince Charming. I couldn't be more thrilled for the newly-weds and am desperately eager to rejoin them in Hawaii in a few short weeks. A hui hou! I love you both. 

No comments:

Post a Comment