Thursday, July 26, 2012
































a taste of my week long escape to the east coast. unfortunately the sample is small, despite the dozens of other adventures had and sights seen. about ten minutes into a kayaking expedition with my camera sandwiched between my legs, the poor guy quit on me, leaving me empty handed for the last four days of my trip. yet, while i mourned the loss for an hour or so, it opened me up to a sort of new freedom of experience--freedom to go, do, see, without the nagging, self-inflicted pressure to capture and document everything in front of me. instead, i enlisted the rusty neurons and synapses in my brain and made memories--ones that only exist inside my head and the heads of the people i was privileged to spend time with. it was nice and for a moment or two, i considered abandoning film and photos forever..until today when the friendly man at walgreens informed me politely that my camera was not broken, the batteries had just died. good work, emma.

2 comments:

  1. You said this so perfectly. I love your writing and your blog and your pictures and you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the first picture of edgartown makes my tummy hurt from nostalgia.

    ReplyDelete