Sunday, August 12, 2012































a week ago the boy i love asked me to marry him and i said yes. it's taken me some time to write this post because, despite my best efforts and intentions, there isn't much i can say or write that would properly capture or justly articulate the full feeling i have in my chest, stomach, head, hands, feet, heart. the sort of happy, giddy and naive yet secure and committed, that i've envied in my parents, drooled over in theaters, swooned at in classic novels. there isn't much i can say or write to accurately convey how lucky i feel, how blessed i am. i can't even find words rich enough to recreate the fairytale proposal...louisa may alcott said it simply in Little Women"such hours are beautiful to live, but very hard to describe." but i'm happy. i'm going to marry my best friend. all the cliches are playing out nicely. all the rumors are true. 

6 comments:

  1. So happy for the two of you! I always thought you guys made the best couple! Congrats!!!!! Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy wow! Congratulations Emma! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CHILLS. congrats emma, I just love this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love you sooo f-in much.. i almost forgot how amazing of a writer you are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this all makes me so happy. i cannot wait to be in hawaii and watch you two in deep love. it's a lot easier to live vicariously through you that way.

    ReplyDelete